Day of Action for Public Education on Wednesday March 2nd at UC Berkeley!
START DATE: Wednesday March 02
TIME: 12:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Location: UC Berkeley Memorial Glade
March 4th 2010 was the largest statewide coordinated Strike and Day of Action in defense of public education and public services. Next is Wednesday, March 2nd 2011. This year democrat Governor Brown is planning to cut $1.4 Billion to public higher education. For the past two years, the state has been in this ongoing struggle against the cuts to education and public services. UC Berkeley has been on the news internationally, holding rallies of up to 5,000 people, marches, strikes, walkouts and occupations in collaboration with students, faculty, staff and workers. Please join us in this historic struggle by coming to do a show on campus!
Schedule of events:
12PM - Resistance Picnic/Food
12:30PM -5PM - Music w/ 3 areas to play
1-5PM - "Teach Ins", workshops, jam sessions
5PM - Community Rally
And the state-coordinated website for more information: ca.defendpubliceducation.org
• Free, quality public education from pre-K to graduate school as a fundamental human right.
• No to privatization and austerity.
• Tax the rich and corporations.
• Democratic governance of the educational system.
• End discrimination based upon race, gender, sexual orientation and class. Immediate full legalization of all immigrants, reverse the ban on Affirmative action and equal access to public education